Chemical Dependency Assessments
COVID-19 Update 4/9 9:00 AM
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Scott County buildings are now closed to the public and Rule 25 Assessments are not available with county staff. Scott County Rule 25 case managers are working with community providers in an attempt to fill this need and decrease barriers to individuals seeking chemical dependency treatment. To inquire about how to proceed with applying for and obtaining Rule 25 services,
Please contact Kasey Theis 952-496-8358 or Scott County Central Intake 952-496-8959. For mental health crisis please contact Canvas Health Mobile Crisis at 952-818-3702 or the Scott County Mental Health Center at 952-496-8481. For medical emergencies please call 911.
Scott County Health & Human Services provides chemical use assessments (sometimes referred to as “Rule 25 assessments”) for individuals seeking to know if they are drug or alcohol dependent and treatment options.
Chemical use assessments are often requested by people who:
- Are seeking to have treatment paid by public funds
- Do not have sufficient insurance coverage for treatment
- Cannot afford to pay for treatment privately
- Are court ordered to complete an assessment
Steps for a chemical dependency assessment and funding are:
- Complete an application to determine if you are eligible for public funding.
- Provide income documents and residency verification
- After your application is approved, it may take up to 10 days to schedule an assessment.