Chemical Dependency Assessments

Scott County Health & Human Services provides chemical use assessments (sometimes referred to as “Rule 25 assessments”) for individuals seeking to know if they are drug or alcohol dependent and treatment options. 

Chemical use assessments are often requested by people who:
  • Are seeking to have treatment paid by public funds 
  • Do not have sufficient insurance coverage for treatment
  • Cannot afford to pay for treatment privately
  • Are court ordered to complete an assessment
The public funds that are used to pay for treatment are the Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund (CDTF). These funds are used for people who meet financial criteria and have no or limited insurance.  People who have a Pre-Paid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) should call their insurance provider directly for an assessment.  

Steps for a chemical dependency assessment and funding are:
  1. Complete an application to determine if you are eligible for public funding. 
  2. Provide income documents and residency verification 
  3. After your application is approved, it may take up to 10 days to schedule an assessment. 
To get an application call 952-445-7751