Highways 169/41/78 Interchange
Community: Jackson Township, Louisville Township
- US Highway 169
- State Highway 41
- County Highway 78
- County Highway 14
Project Lead: Scott County
Partners: MnDOT, Jackson Township, Louisville Township, SMSC
Contractor: Ames Construction, Inc.
Bid Date: July 31, 2018
Start Date: September 17, 2018
Current and Upcoming Traffic Impacts: (Dates subject to change)
Mon, April 8 through Fri, April 26
SB Hwy 169 will be reduced to a single lane of traffic between Highway 41 and 150th St daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NB Hwy 169 will be reduced to a single lane of traffic between 150th St and Highway 41 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Construction Drone Footage:
Construction Schedule: (Dates subject to change)
- See the project overview and construction schedule at-a-glance:
- See Winter-Early Spring 2019 construction highlights [PDF]
- Construction crews are constructing a new bridge over Highway 169 just north of County Road 14.
- Crews are constructing a new retaining wall near County Road 78 to support the new frontage road system that will open to traffic in early summer 2019.
- Some utilities continue to be relocated. No planned service disruptions are anticipated during this work. Utility companies will directly contact property owners in advance of any scheduled service disruptions.
- Construction crews will be working Monday-Friday, 7 am to 8 pm
- No nighttime work is anticipated at this time
Watch the Groundbreaking Video Below:
Scott County and MnDOT designed an interchange at US Highway 169 and Trunk Highway (TH) 41/County Highway (CH) 78. Scott County was successful in obtaining federal funding to expand the scope of the project to include a proposed overpass over US 169 near CH 14 and extension of the frontage road system along the east side of US 169 between CH 78 and CH 14. The expectation is to begin construction in September 2018.
MnDOT has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required and has issued a Negative Declaration Order for the project.
Additional information including notices for upcoming public meetings on the project will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Purpose & Justification
This project will improve the safety and mobility in this area by removing direct access to US Highway 169. This project is consistent with the long-term vision of converting this segment of US Highway 169 into a freeway.
This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.