What is Extended Access?
Looking for more opportunities to use the library for studying, work, or play? Extended Access is for you! Signing up for Extended Access provides you self service access to designated library locations from 6:00am - 10:00pm every day, including holidays. This exciting card benefit adds more time on top of normal staffed hours to use the library when it works best for your schedule.
Where It's Available
At this time, Extended Access is only available at the Jordan Library and the Elko New Market Library, but will expand to other Scott County Libraries in the future. Extended Access members may use their library card to unlock any EA-equipped location.
Customers scan their library card number and enter their PIN at an entry panel to unlock the library. Once inside, they can use in-library resources and self service equipment such as the self checkout machines, computers, printers, copiers, and study rooms.
Who Can Sign Up
All Scott County Library cardholders ages 16 and older can sign up for Extended Access. Teens ages 16 and 17 must bring a parent with them to sign up.
How to Sign Up
Make sure to bring your library card and an ID so we can ensure your card information is current. If you don't have a library card, staff can make one for you during the orientation.
- Drop into any Scott County Library location during staffed hours to complete a brief orientation with a library staff member. During the orientation, staff will ensure your library card account is up to date and go over a few important procedures.
To save time during signup, we invite you to watch our orientation videos ahead of time:
Elko New Market Library Orientation Video (No Sound)
Jordan Library Orientation Video (No Sound)
- Sign our Extended Access Agreement (PDF) acknowledging the Extended Access Policy (PDF). and other library policies. We will provide print copies at orientation.
- Staff will complete back-end steps and then notify you by email to confirm you are enrolled.
Some important things to note:
- Don't hold or open the door for anyone.
- You may bring guests such as children, but you are responsible for them and you must accompany them. All youth ages 0-15 must be supervised by an EA-enrolled adult during Extended Access hours, no exceptions.
- Library staff may be working in the building during your visit. Please note that they cannot assist you during Extended Access hours. Please hold questions until staffed hours begin so they may complete their work.
- Cameras monitor the library.
There are several ways you can contact us to report technology issues, space problems, or to simply share feedback about your experience.
In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
- Our Extended Access Feedback Form is available on our website at all times. QR codes are also posted throughout the library for instant access to the web form. Submissions route to our Administration team, who will coordinate an on-call response.
- Download the Scott County Library app "Scott Lib MN" (available on both iOS and Android) and tap on the "Extended Access" section to conveniently access the Feedback Form on your cell phone.
- For issues that require immediate response, call Library Administration at 952-496-8010 between 8am - 4:30pm to speak with staff or leave a message.
- For less pressing issues, you're invited to directly email your library or leave a voicemail for library staff. View all SCL Locations, Hours, & Contact Information.
- Print feedback cards are available in the library to simply share how you're feeling.