CH 17 Trail Project
- Construction Year: 2021
- Community Served: Shakopee
- Corridor: CH 17
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Kraemer North America, LLC.
- Construction Start: September 2021
- October 20, 2021: CH 17 will go down to one lane in the south bound direction starting tomorrow from the South Bound 169 off ramp to CH 16. This will be a daily closure (Monday through Friday) for two weeks from 6:30 am to 4 pm. During the closure we will be working on trail grading and utility relocation.
- September 17, 2021: The surcharge is complete on each abutment so that will sit for 60 days while the settlement occurs. During that time crews will be working on grading the trail towards County 16.
- Fence and tree removals are underway. Contractor will be working on getting the surcharge fill complete; the surcharge "overfill" will be in place for 45 days to allow the ground to settle for optimal stabilization. After 45 days, the contractor will remove the the surcharge fill and begin the bridge abutment work.
- The girders are scheduled to be set in February 2022, the bridge will be poured in April 2022 with an anticipated opening in late June 2022 (weather permitting). The road will remain open during construction with periodic single lane closures on southbound CH 17.
A trail segment gap and a pedestrian/bike overpass of TH 169 will be constructed along the west side of CH 17 from CH 16 to the NW ramp of TH 169 in the city of Shakopee. The project is programmed for construction in 2021.
Purpose & Justification
Scott County was awarded federal funding to construct a section of trail along CH 17. The pedestrian/bike overpass closes a trail gap and provides a facility that crosses TH 169 and gives a direct pedestrian link to the Marschall Road Transit Center.
- Preliminary Design: Fall 2019
- Final Design: Fall 2020
- Right-of-Way/Easement Acquisition: Fall 2019-Fall 2020
- Construction: Fall 2022