Safe, Healthy and Livable Communities
Scott County: Where individuals, families, and businesses thrive.
- Citizens are connected to their community, safe within their homes, and confident their needs will be met
- Communities value a range of services for citizens of all ages in learning, work, home, mobility, and recreation
To advance safe, healthy, and livable communities through citizen-focused services.
Scott County values transform the public’s expectations for service delivery through our caring, creation and innovation:
- Stewardship: Ensuring the responsible and stable investment of taxpayer dollars and communicating its value to the public
- Partnership: Aligning existing resources, volunteers and programs to achieve shared goals Leadership: Anticipating changes and managing challenges based on reliable information and citizen input
- Commitment: Developing a high quality workforce that is dedicated to advancing a safe, healthy and livable community
- Customer Service: Creating a customer experience that is respectful, responsive and solution-oriented
- Innovation: Exploring and adopting new technologies and processes with the goal of improving service and reducing the long term cost of service delivery
Continually evolving, our culture is customer service driven, employee focused, and results oriented. We take pride in the work we do and we strive to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
My Well-Being Total Rewards Philosophy
Scott County has adopted a Total Rewards philosophy: Scott County is an employer of choice, supporting, encouraging, and engaging employees through focused employee investments and workplace programs and offerings that promote and foster individual and organizational well-being. The net result of this philosophy is public service excellence.
What We Offer Our Employees
- Compensation and Benefits and Total Rewards
- Meaningful work
- Work-life balance
- Latitude for creative thinking and problem-solving
- Comfortable work environment, friendly and engaging
What We Expect From County Staff
- Your best effort every day
- Energy and commitment
- Your ideas and creativity
- A customer service orientation
- Have some fun at work every day