Computers & Printing
Use a Computer
- What We Offer: We offer internet-connected Windows PCs in every library equipped with most Microsoft Office tools. We do not offer Apple Macs in any locations.
- Reservations: You may call your library to check computer availability. Staff can reserve a computer for you up to a week in advance.
- Availability: If all computers are occupied, you can make a reservation at the kiosk and the next available computer will be held for you. Express Stations are also available for quick 15-minute transactions.
- Chromebooks in Prior Lake: We offer Chromebooks for in-library use at the Prior Lake Library. These simple devices are best suited for users who only wish to browse the internet during their visit or use browser-based tools.
- Security & Privacy: See our Computer and Internet Use Policy (PDF).
- Extended Access: Need to use a computer more often? Dead laptop surprise? Having Extended Access is a great backup option in case of tech emergencies. Signing up allows you to unlock designated libraries from 6am-10pm any day to use computers and other library tech when you need it. Speak with staff to sign up.
- To print, you may visit any location and print your item from a public PC. We don't currently offer wireless printing.
- At this time, you may print up to ten free pages in either black & white or color.
- Copiers can be found in all locations.
- At this time, you can make up to ten free pages in copies.
- Free flatbed Epson scanners are available in all locations. You may also use a copier for rapid scanning to a flash drive.
- We recommend bringing a flash drive if you plan to scan multi-page documents or high-quality images, as scanned files are sometimes too large to email. Please note we no longer sell flash drives as of January 2020, so we are unable to provide one for you.
- Free public guest Wi-Fi is available in all locations.