- Construction Year: 2023
- Community: City of Chaska
- Corridor Served: Highway 41
- This project is being led by the City of Chaska
- River Bridge Closure begins on Monday May 1, 2023.
- Highway 41 closed between 4th Street and Highway 61
- Highway 61 closed between Highway 41 and Walnut Street
- Scott County Highway 101 is part of the detour route while the Highway 41 river crossing is closed. Expect additional traffic on Highway 101 and Highway 69 in Shakopee during this time.
- Downtown Highway 41 Project Detour/Stage 3 Access Maps
Visit the City's project page for construction information and to sign up for email updates.
The Downtown Highway 41 Project will help the City of Chaska achieve its vision of downtown revitalization that reflects and celebrates its historic character, traditional small-town atmosphere, and values. The vision for Highway 41 through downtown Chaska is a two-lane road with turn lanes that better balances roadway needs with the pedestrian space. The addition of streetscaping, pedestrian/bicyclist connections, and gathering spaces will create a more comfortable and inviting environment for all users. These improvements will preserve and enrich the downtown ambience while making it a popular destination and hub of the community.