Community Corrections / Probation
Scott County Community Corrections serves an important role in providing public safety by supervising probationers and parolees living in our community. We work with these offenders to address the behaviors and attitudes which drive their involvement in criminal behavior.
We strive to provide effective services to offenders and good program outcomes to the community. To achieve these goals, we use approaches and interventions which have been proven effective in reducing an offender's risk for continued involvement in criminal behavior and the likelihood they will re-offend, which improves public safety. For more information, you can refer to our 2021 Interim Plan.
Community Corrections also provides services for the First Judicial District Court in the form of bail studies, monitoring court imposed conditions of release (such as drug testing on persons awaiting trial), and completing reports to help in sentencing.
Services/referrals provided to the individuals:
- Chemical use assessments (Provider List)
- Mental health care and anger management services (Provider List)
- Education programs for issues of chemical abuse and violence (Provider List)
- Referral services to appropriate chemical abuse or violence programs
- Counseling of clients on an individual or group basis
- Coordination and facilitation of restorative conferences
- Restitution investigations
- Community Work Service (Time Card)
- Drug and alcohol testing (Instructions and Additional Testing Sites)
- Treatment Court (Brochure) (Participant Handbook)
- Safe Streets Restored (Program Information)
In addition, Scott County Community Corrections provides coordination with law enforcement and other agencies, such as diversionary programs for individuals as referred by the County Attorney’s Office.
Helpful LinksAlcoholics Anonymous-Minnesota
Scott County Health and Human Services Chemical Use Assessments/Rule 25