Steps to Apply (All Submission Options)
- Print and complete the Death Record Application (PDF).
- Take the application to a notary and have them notarize your signature.
- Before you submit, make sure your daytime contact information is provided on the application. Applications without contact information cannot be processed.
- Submit your application using one of the methods below.
- Staff will call you at the time of processing to obtain credit/debit information. A 2.49% service fee is assessed on all credit/debit transactions.
- Your request will be processed and mailed to the address provided on the application.
Option 1: Apply via Email
- Scan or take a good quality photo of the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure your daytime contact information is provided on the application AND in the body of your email. Applications without contact information cannot be processed.
Option 2: Request by Mail
Mail notarized application with check made out to Scott County to:
Scott County Government Center
Attn: Customer Service
200 Fourth Avenue West
Shakopee, MN 55379
*Do not send cash
Option 3: Apply in Person
Use our Customer Service Appointment System standby list to apply in person.
Certified death records are available for a fee of $13 for the first copy and $6 for additional copies ordered at the same time for the same record.
You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card, a 2.45% convenience fee will be assessed.