DNR Registration Renewal (ATV, Watercraft, Snowmobile)
To renew your current watercraft license, you should check for a renewal postcard from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR). If you do not have the postcard, there are some additional steps you'll need to take.
Option 1 - If you DO have your DNR renewal post card:
- On your renewal post card, write in the county it is most used in.
- Put in envelope with payment. (Note: The amount due is listed on renewal postcard.)
- Place the envelope in a County drop box (see below), mail to Scott County Customer Service, or use our standby list to complete in person.
Option 2 - If you DON'T have your DNR renewal post card:
- Fill out, complete, and sign a DNR Consent Form (PDF). It must be signed by the registered owner.
- Put in envelope with payment. (Note: The amount due varies. Call DNR at 651-296-6157 for pricing.)
- Place in a drop box or mail to Scott County Customer Service.
Check or Money Order
- Make it out to Scott County
- Include your driver’s license number and phone number on the check
Credit/Debit Card by Phone (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express)
- Leave call back phone number in envelope / email (we will call you for your credit card number)
- Card must be in registered owner’s name
- Additional 2.49% service fee is applied at time of sale
Drop Box Location
The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure all of your transactions has a phone number on them. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.