Off-highway Vehicles (OHV, ATV, OHM)

Status Update – 03/22/2022

We have moved to our permanent location in the Government Center East building. Customer Service is located on the first floor and for those of you that have previously visited us before, we are moving back to the same spot we were once at. Entrance doors are located on Atwood Street and 4th Avenue.

We will continue with our hybrid customer service model, which includes appointments, walk-in service and drop box availability.   

All driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to prebook an appointment for service before coming to the government center.  Driver's licenses, ID cards and instruction permits can be renewed, replaced, updated, upgraded and first-time applications submitted at our location.

Walk-in service is available for other transactions such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates and additional deputy registrar services.  Please note walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed.  When we have reached our capacity, you will be asked to wait outside the Service Center lobby until space is available. Our walk-in service line closes at 3:30. 

The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues.  Please ensure all of your transactions has a phone number on them.  Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.

Thank you for your patience during our transition and we look forward to seeing you again.

OHVs legally registered in another state or country, and not in Minnesota for more than 30 days, are NOT required to purchase a Minnesota registration. If your state does not require a registration, you will need a Minnesota registration.

Minnesota Off-highway Vehicle Guide


Application Process


New Registration

Complete the Universal Registration Form.

Bring Sales receipt showing you have paid the sales tax.

Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Renew Registration

Bring renewal reminder, registration card or picture ID. 

Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Transfer Registration

Bring signed registration card from the seller and / or bill of sale with live signatures and complete information about the vehicle. This includes the DNR registration number, make, model, and engine size.

 Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Duplicate decal or registration card

The owner of the vehicle must be present and have valid identification.


 Please go to Minnesota DNR fee schedule for current prices.

You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.