Personalized or Special Plates
Status Update – 03/22/2022
We have moved to our permanent location in the Government Center East building. Customer Service is located on the first floor and for those of you that have previously visited us before, we are moving back to the same spot we were once at. Entrance doors are located on Atwood Street and 4th Avenue.
We will continue with our hybrid customer service model, which includes appointments, walk-in service and drop box availability.
All driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to prebook an appointment for service before coming to the government center. Driver's licenses, ID cards and instruction permits can be renewed, replaced, updated, upgraded and first-time applications submitted at our location.
Walk-in service is available for other transactions such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates and additional deputy registrar services. Please note walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed. When we have reached our capacity, you will be asked to wait outside the Service Center lobby until space is available. Our walk-in service line closes at 3:30.
The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure all of your transactions has a phone number on them. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
Thank you for your patience during our transition and we look forward to seeing you again.
You will need to:
• Fill out the Special Plate Application
• Put the completed special plate application in an envelope or set up an appointment below
• Call our Customer Service Center at 952-496-8432 for your vehicle tab price
• Place in the drop box or mail to a Scott County Customer Service.
• Or apply in person using our standby list
• Your plates will be processed first in - first out
• We will mail your receipt to you after processing
• Check or Money Order
• Make the check out to Scott County
• Include your driver’s license number and phone number on the check
• Credit/Debit Card by Phone (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
• Leave call back phone number in envelope / email (we will call you for your credit card number)
• Card must be in registered owner’s name o Additional 2.49% service fee is applied at time of sale