CH 8 Reconstruction
- Construction Year: 2015 & 2016
- Community: Credit River, Lakeville (Dakota County)
- Corridor Served: CH 8
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Partners: Dakota County
The County Highway (CH) 8 reconstruction project includes the addition of turn lanes, bypass lanes, a roundabout at CH 8/CH 91, a frontage road between France Blvd and the existing Lucerne Trail, and a trail extending along Dakota County Highway 70 east to Keswick Loop.
Purpose & Justification
The purpose of this project is to improve safety of this rural connector road. The project includes the addition of left/right turn lanes at intersections, wider paved shoulders, and an off-road trail. Pavement conditions have deteriorated in this segment due to sub-base conditions and are in need of reconstruction.
- Phase 3 Closure Notice - Beginning 6/8
- Detour Map June 8th to September 2016
- Closure Notice 4/5 to mid-June 2016
- Project Layout - October 2014 (PDF)
- Project Stages - October 2014 (PDF)
- Open House - October 2014 (PDF)
- Open House Newsletter 2 (PDF)
- Open House Newsletter 1 (PDF)
- Proposed Typical Section (PDF)
- Schedule (PDF)
- CH 8 Corridor Study Final Report (PDF)
- Month-long Hwy 41 closure at Hwy 169 begins Wed evening, 8/12 for www.scottcountymn.gov/1778.
- No left turn from Hwy 41/Chaska to NB Hwy 169 begins Mon, 8/3 for www.scottcountymn.gov/1778.
- No left turn from NB Hwy 169 to Hwy 41/Chaska begins Mon, 8/3 for www.scottcountymn.gov/1778.
- Temp Dem Con Dr & Hwy 41 access changes @ Hwy 169 begin Mon, 8/3 for www.scottcountymn.gov/1778.
- Expect Full Road Closure at CH 2 and CH 91 Intersection. Begins Mon, 6/15 www.scottcountymn.gov/1943
- Road Closure Alert for CH 42 from CR 17 to CR 83 begins Mon, 4/27 for www.scottcountymn.gov/1944
- Project alert: Traffic changes and restrictions at Hwys 169/41/78 intersection begins 3/21
- Project alert: Access from SB Hwy 169 to Co. Hwy 78 is closed thru summer 2020