Household Hazardous Waste Facility
HHW is now open by appointment only
To schedule a drop-off appointment, please use the calendar below or the blue floating icon.
If there are no time slots available, please check back in a few days. If you do not have an appointment, please do not wait at the HHW, we are unable to accommodate non-appointment drop-offs at this time.
Please use the Scott County Waste Navigator to locate other waste disposal facilities. Dem-Con, Buckingham, and Lloyd’s also accept electronics and appliances for a fee. Please check their websites for costs associated with disposal.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you can do this via your confirmation email.
When scheduling your appointment, a few things to note:
- We are currently not accepting business waste.
- Check the what we accept page to ensure we accept what you are hoping to dispose of.
- Cash and exact change is required for any transaction.
- Please make sure to answer all the appointment scheduling questions completely. Incomplete information could result in a cancellation of your appointment.
When arriving at your appointment time:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- When you arrive, please wait at the gate for staff to come out and let you in.
- Staff is not allowed to help you unload, so make sure to bring help if needed.
|Saturday AM||8 AM-11:45 AM|
The Scott County HHW is closed yearly for the major Holiday weekends of Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the period of December 20th through January 6th. We may also be closed for additional single-day holidays throughout the year. For specific schedule information for this year, view the Household Hazardous Waste Collection schedule located in the menu.
For closure updates and notifications sent to your email or phone, visit the Notify Me page to learn how to sign up.
- Please have drivers license and payment ready. The HHW facility accepts cash, checks and credit cards.
- When you arrive at the HHW Facility to drop off any items or materials, follow the instructions on the signs (stay to the right, and pull under the overhang to drop-off your materials).
- Please remain inside your vehicle until you are the first car in line, and waiting at the stop sign.
- You may then get out of your car, and a technician will come out with a cart and be ready to assist you. Remember to bring help if you have heavy items to drop off.
Note: We serve one vehicle at a time and appreciate your patience. Have your driver’s license ready, and a check or cash if you are dropping off any items with a fee. Please bring additional help if you intend to drop off large or heavy items.
Weather Related Closures
The HHW Facility will likely close without advance notice in the event of bad or dangerous weather (for example, if the National Weather Service issues a Blizzard Warning, Winter Storm Warning, Wind Chill Warning, etc). Should that occur, the HHW Facility will then reopen for the next scheduled operational day (see Collection Schedule).