Household Hazardous Waste Facility
The Scott County HHW is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays without an appointment and Thursdays via appointment only.
If you prefer a specific time or have a large quantity of items, consider making an appointment for a Thursday collection.
To schedule a Thursday drop-off appointment, please use the link below. We are unable to accommodate non-appointment drop-offs on Thursdays.
Before coming to the HHW, a few things to note:
- Check the what we accept page to ensure we accept what you are hoping to dispose of.
- Cash and exact change is required for any transaction.
If you have a Thursday appointment:
- Please make sure to answer all the appointment scheduling questions completely. Incomplete information could result in a cancellation of your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you can do this via your confirmation email.
If you have business waste, please visit the VSQG page for more direction and to make an appointment. We only accept business waste from small businesses on the first Tuesday of every month.
Please use the Scott County Waste Navigator or this list of local disposal locations to locate other waste disposal facilities. Dem-Con, Buckingham, and Lloyd’s also accept electronics and appliances for a fee. Please check their websites for costs associated with disposal.
Scott County HHW is open to residents of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, LeSueur, Ramsey, Scott, Sibley, and Washington Counties
For closure updates and notifications sent to your email or phone, visit the Notify Me page to learn how to sign up.
Weather Related Closures
The HHW Facility will likely close without advance notice in the event of bad or dangerous weather (for example, if the National Weather Service issues a Blizzard Warning, Winter Storm Warning, Wind Chill Warning, etc). Should that occur, the HHW Facility will then reopen for the next scheduled operational day (see Collection Schedule).