Scott County will be conducting a public hearing in the near future to consider adopting amendments to Scott County Ordinance No. 17 to regulate the sale of tobacco, tobacco-related devices, electronic delivery devices, and nicotine and lobelia products as authorized under Minn. Stat. 461.12 to 461.22, and to further the official public policy of the State of Minnesota in regard to preventing young people from starting to smoke as stated in Minn. Stat. 144.391. To view the proposed ordinance (with amendments), please click here.
Ordinances - Alphabetical
- Administrative Procedures Ordinance No. 13 (PDF) - Establishes a standard for the administration and enforcement of the provisions of Scott County ordinances.
- Cleanup of Clandestine Drug Lab Sites Ordinance No. 25 (PDF) - Establishes responsibilities and guidelines to ensure people are not unnecessarily exposed to the dangers of contaminated structures or land and proper steps are taken to remove contaminants.
- Dangerous Dogs Ordinance No. 27 (PDF) - Establishes a procedure by which a dog may be declared dangerous or potentially dangerous, including the right to appeal that designation.
- Hazardous Waste Management Ordinance No. 12 (PDF) - Establishes rules, regulations and standards for hazardous waste management in Scott County, including requirements for business and facilities that generate, handle, collect, transport, treat, process, store or dispose of hazardous waste.
- Juvenile Curfew Ordinance No. 15 (PDF) - Establishes a County-wide, nighttime curfew for juveniles.
- Land Subdivision Ordinance No. 7 (PDF) - Explains the standards for the land development process, platting process, administrative subdivisions and development design.
- Management of the Public Right-of-Way Ordinance No. 22 (PDF) - Ensures the integrity of roads and streets and the appropriate use of the right-of-ways. This ordinance relates to right-of-way permits and administration.
- Minnesota State Building Code Ordinance No. 10 (PDF) - Adopts the Minnesota State Building Code and provides for the application, administration, and enforcement of the Minnesota State Building Code by regulating the erection, construction, enlargement, alteration, repair, moving, removal, demolition, conversion, occupancy, equipment, use, height, area, and maintenance of all buildings and/or structures in the Townships of Scott County.
- Mobile Home Ordinance No. 6 (PDF) - Establishes rules for design, development, and maintenance of mobile home parks. Site, structure, and plan requirements are defined.
- Parks Ordinance No. 29 (PDF) - Specifies the rules and regulations for the public use of Scott County Park areas and facilities including the recreational benefit and enjoyment of the public, the protection and preservation of the property, facilities, and natural resources of Scott County Parks.
- Permitting of Extended Hours of Sunday On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor Sales Ordinance No. 21 (PDF) - Sets the licensing procedures and regulations governing the extension of hours for the sale and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages on Sundays.
- Public Health Nuisances Ordinance No. 31 (PDF) - Establishes minimum standards for the health, safety and protection of parties who may be exposed to public health nuisances.
- Retail Tobacco Sales Ordinance No. 17 (PDF) - Prohibits the sale or dispensing of tobacco products through vending machines and regulating self-service merchandising and sales of tobacco products.
- Sale of Intoxicating Malt Liquor Ordinance No. 26 (PDF) - Sets the licensing procedures and regulations governing the licensing of the sale of intoxicating malt liquor for those holding on-sale wine and 3.2 percent malt liquors.
- Scott County Uniform Address Ordinance No. 24 (PDF) - Provides a uniform system of naming streets and numbering properties and principal buildings. Assures that every principal building in Scott County is assigned an address that reflects a known location, in order to assist the provisions of emergency services to all persons in Scott County, regardless of place of residence or location.
- Scott Watershed Management Organization Tax District Establishment Ordinance No. 23 (PDF) - Establishes the Scott Watershed Management Tax District for the purpose of paying the costs for the planning for the Watershed as required by law.
- Social Host Ordinance No. 28 (PDF) - Prohibits and establishes penalties for any person hosting an event or gathering where alcohol is present and being possessed or consumed by persons under 21 years of age.
- Solid Waste Management Ordinance No. 2 (PDF) - Regulates solid waste management activities in Scott County and establishes requirements for those who collect, handle, transport, process, dispose or manage solid waste and recyclables. This ordinance makes it unlawful for non-licensed individuals to burn or bury or dispose of solid waste upon their properties.
- Subsurface Sewage Treatment Ordinance No. 4 (PDF) - Establishes the minimum standards and criteria for the design, location, installation, use, and maintenance (pumping) of a Subsurface Sewage Treatment System to protect public health and the surface and ground waters of Scott County.
- Vermillion River Watershed District Tax District Establishment Ordinance No. 20 (PDF) - Establishes the Scott County-Vermillion River Watershed Management Tax District for the purposes of paying the costs of the planning for the Watershed as required by law.
- Water Surface Use Ordinance No. 30 (PDF) - Controls and regulates the use of the waters of McMahon Lake, also known as Carl’s Lake, in Scott County.
- Zoning Ordinance No. 3 (PDF) - Regulates land use activities including: structure set-backs, minimum lot sizes; accessory building sizes; allowed uses within a zoning district; business uses (conditional and interim use permits); animal/livestock regulations; grading permit requirements; erosion control; nuisance issues (junk vehicles, junk accumulation); vehicle parking and outdoor storage in the Townships of Scott County.
- Zoning Ordinance Map No. 3 (PDF) - Map of Scott County Zoning Districts.