Property Taxes - May 2023
Scott County residents have a variety of options available to submit their property taxes. Payments can be submitted through the eNotices online payment center, by mail, or in person. From May 1st - 15th, residents can drop off their first-half property taxes at their local SCL branch during our regular staffed hours. Visit Scott County's Pay Property Tax page to review a list of options and other helpful information.
Scott County Library offers a variety of services to support residents during tax season. It's always best to call your library to see if what you need is available, but here's what you need to know:
- Available Forms (Federal Only): The library only receives the 1040 and 1040-SR forms. Schedules 1, 2 and 3 are included in this booklet as well, but tax tables and other schedules and forms must be printed from the IRS website. Please note that we no longer receive Minnesota state tax forms. Links to the current year and commonly used forms printable versions of state and federal taxes can be found below.
- Printing: Staff can assist with locating and printing forms, but are unable to give advice regarding the forms you might need. Black and white printing/copying is available at all libraries.
Free Tax Assistance Tools
- Tax assistance for seniors and individuals and families with qualifying low-income can be found on the IRS's Free Tax Help page.
- Enter your zip code on the MN Dept. of Revenue's Free Tax Preparation Sites for information on virtual and drop-off sites.
- Prepare + Prosper offers free tax preparation virtually and by appointment only at several locations in the Twin Cities metro.
- The IRS has several Tax Assistance Centers located around the state for help with income taxes by appointment.
File Online for Free
If you and your family made less than $73,000 last year, you may be eligible to prepare and file your taxes for free with free filing software available through the IRS Free File site.
Federal tax forms and publications for businesses often must be ordered directly from the IRS and cannot be printed off. (They may be available locally at office supply stores for a fee). We unfortunately do not carry them in the libraries. For more information, see the IRS Tax Information for Businesses page and the Minnesota Department of Revenue's Businesses webpage.
Need More Help?
IRS Phone Numbers (Available Monday - Friday, 7 AM - 7 PM)
- Order Forms & Publications: 1-800-829-1040
- Tax Assistance: 1-800-829-1040