Verify Zoning rules prior to applying for permit, contact Scott County Planning and Zoning.
Required Submittals ----- Important: Project address shall be displayed on all submittal documents. Applications with incomplete submittals will be rejected and delayed.
IMPORTANT: Electronic submittal document files are required to be named appropriately to ensure efficient permit processing. Review Naming Submittal Documents prior to starting ePermit process to ensure all files are labeled appropriately. See all related ePermit submittal and resubmittal requirements to help avoid delays in processing.
- Township Approval Form (PDF)– Use form to determine if township approval is required for project location. Submit completed form with township approval signature if applicable. Do not upload if not required.
- Contacts and Contractors Form(PDF) - Type or print neatly. Upload completed contact and contractor form as applicable for your project. Contacts and sub-contractors listed will be notified of permit.
- Survey/Detailed or Site Plan – A Certificate of Survey is required for new dwelling construction:
- Proposed location of the Solar Panels & Transformers
- Ground Mounted Panels – Distance and Location of panels on the property in relation to other structures, septic tanks/system, and property lines.
- Roof Mounted Panels – What structure they are mounted on, as well as access and pathways according to Section 3111 2020 MBC
- Building Plans– Plans shall be uploaded as one multipage complete set (not individual sheets). Plan sheets shall only be separated if larger than 50 MB. Individual sheet uploads will not be accepted.
- Ground Mount Panel - Plans shall include all mounting/racking and footing details.
- Roof Mount Panel - Plans shall include existing roof structure analysis by a qualified structural engineer or all framing details including spacing and design loads of engineered roof trusses if applicable, or species and grade of rafters, rafter sizes and framing methods used, spacing and spans of rafters.
- Engineered Design - Engineered design shall be submitted if construction cannot be verified by the minimum prescriptive requirements of the Minnesota Building Code. The design must be sealed by a structural engineer licensed in the State of Minnesota.
- Special Inspection Form (PDF) - Special Inspections shall comply with the MN Building Code. Please see Chapter 17 Section 1704 The special inspector can be an approved qualified third party agency or the registered design professional in responsible charge and engineers of record involved in the design of the project are permitted to act as the approved agency and their personnel are permitted to act as the special inspector for the work designed by them, provided they qualify as special inspectors.
- Specifications – Provide panel and mounting/racking manufacturers specifications
Additional Resources: https://www.dli.mn.gov/business/electrical-contractors/solar-photovoltaic-pv-resources